Thursday evening, August 11, the Lamorinda Democratic Club welcomes Michael Lighty, Director of Public Policy for CNA (California Nurses Association)/National Nurses United, to speak on the nurses’ “Main Street Contract for America.” The event begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Lafayette Library and Learning Center, 3491 Mt. Diablo Blvd, in Lafayette. See more about the Mainstreet Contract With America and meeting details.
The Main Street Contact seeks to promote policies that will ensure:
* Jobs at living wages, reinvesting in America.
* Equal access to quality, public education.
* Guaranteed healthcare for all.
* A secure retirement, with the ability to retire in dignity.
* Good housing and protection from hunger.
* A safe, clean, and healthy environment.
* A just taxation system where corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share.
The club’s social hour will begin at 6:30 p.m., with a business meeting at 7:15 p.m., followed by the presentation to at 8 p.m. There is a $5 charge at the door to help the club cover meeting expenses.
Call 925-567-3367 or go to www.lamorindademoclub.org
Michael Lighty is currently the Director of Public Policy for California Nurses Association(CNA)/National Nurses United. He has been an activist for social justice for 30 years of experience in political, community and union organizing and has coordinated many campaigns at CNA including a patients bill of rights initiative, the successful effort to win nurse-to-patient staffing ratios, the ﬁghts against Arnold Schwarzenegger and Meg Whitman, as well as for clean money elections.